The phase I program at the University of Arizona Cancer Center conducts cutting-edge early clinical trials across a broad spectrum of solid and hematologic cancers for patients whose cancer progressed on standard chemotherapy. Our phase I team provide patients with a comprehensive and unique care approach focused on cancer treatment, nutrition, optimal physical activity, and mental health wellbeing through diverse specialists and support groups at our cancer center. Our team is comprised of outstanding oncologists/investigators, investigational pharmacists, nurse practitioners, research nurses, and research coordinators with several years of experience whose main focus is patient care and providing best therapeutic options through discovery.
The Early Phase clinical trials team goals:
- Provide patients with world-class compassionate care through a dedicated multidisciplinary team approach.
- Conduct innovative cutting-edge early clinical trials across a broad spectrum of hematologic and solid cancers.
- Conduct comprehensive genetic testing through expanded molecular profiling to identify targetable mutations for cancers.
- Our phase I lab scientist strive to develop new drugs to fight cancer and identify new biomarkers to assess response to treatment.
- Access to a genetic counselor to test for hereditary diseases.
- To educate the next generation of investigators and oncologists.
Clinical Research Nursing
Clinical Research Coordination
Research Data Coordination