The Experimental Mouse Shared Resource (EMSR) has provided expertise to the University of Arizona Cancer Center and outside investigators since 1993. Good Lab Practice (GLP) qualified since 2012, the EMSR offers a continuum of services from initial consultation and in vivo experimental design, to Genetically Engineered Mouse (GEM) production, mouse experimentation and data analysis. The EMSR enables the investigator to generate and use mouse models of cancer to their fullest potential, utilizing the service’s extensive knowledge and expertise at competitive pricing. The EMSR helps to develop cancer therapies that are efficient, cost effective, and clinically relevant.
The EMSR is a full-service facility, which performs preclinical experiments in a wide variety of in vivo and in vitro cancer models. The team provides technical and scientific expertise in modeling of cancer disease and assists in developing efficient, cost effective, and clinically relevant drug therapies.
To build a project, get a quote, or order a service within iLab:
Step 1: Select “About Our Core” to learn more about the Genetically Engineered Mouse Model Unit.
Select "About Our Core" to learn more about the Rodent Experimentation Unit here.
Step 2: Click here to login or sign up for an iLab account at the University of Arizona. For login help, email iLabfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Once the login step is completed, obtaining prices, services and scheduling is available within the iLab system.
Please remember to acknowledge the Cancer Center Support Grant (P30 CA023074) when publishing manuscripts or abstracts that utilized the services of the University of Arizona Cancer Center’s Shared Resources and/or were derived from CCSG pilot funds. Suggested language: "Research reported in this [publication/press release] was supported by the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health under award number P30 CA023074.
Services provided by the GEM PRODUCTION UNIT:
- vector design and construction for both transgenic and gene-targeted mice
- gene-targeting in ES cells
- screening for targeted ES cells
- CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing
- pronuclear and cytoplasmic zygote injections and blastocyst injection
- screening for founder, germline chimeric and genome edited mice, and breeding for speed congenics
- consultation on GEM colony management
- sperm cryopreservation, IVF, and embryo rederivation
Prices: Refer to iLab.
Services provided by the RODENT EXPERIMENTATION UNIT:
- in vivo studies
- animal techniques (drug testing, rodent acute toxicity and pharmacokinetics)
- patient-derived xenograft (PDX models)
- surgeries (orthotopic injections, ovariectomy, window chambers, etc.)
- mouse colonies breeding and maintenance
- cell culture and
- xenograft and GEM models tissue bank
- IACUC protocol support
- administrative support
- gamma irradiation (cobalt60 or cesium) of in vitro and in vivo experiments
Prices: Refer to iLab.
If your desired service is not listed, please contact us by email or call 520-626-7401.
Gillian D. Paine-Murrieta