Scientific Review Committee
The University of Arizona Cancer Center Scientific Review Committee (SRC) oversees and ensures the scientific merit, priority, value, and progress of all cancer-related clinical studies conducted at the University of Arizona.
The University of Arizona Cancer Center SRC reviews interventional treatment of diagnostic or therapeutic nature as well as long-term population-based studies involving patients or patient samples.
The committee is responsible for:
- Medical, scientific, and biostatistical peer review of submitted protocols, as well as other related discipline peer review including data safety monitoring plan, and investigational and/or standard pharmacy; this comprehensive review is performed on all new investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored cancer research studies, as well as on any substantive amendments to established protocols.
- Review of accrual progress every six months for year one and yearly thereafter for all open protocols
Types of SRC Review
1. Full Committee Review– to be conducted at a regularly scheduled meeting of the SRC
2. Administrative Review/Exempt – to be conducted by the SRC Chair or designee(s)
- Retrospective reviews
- Observational studies
- Correlative studies
- Tissue/specimen studies
- Case-controlled epidemiology studies
The SRC meets on the second Friday and fourth Wednesday of each month to review studies requiring full committee review. Submissions are due one week prior to the scheduled meeting.
Upload study into Oncore, under the ePRMS tab
- Contact OncoreSupport@email.arizona.edu for Oncore access.
- Contact the SRC coordinator at UACC-SRC@uacc.arizona.edu or Linda Maynard, University of Arizona Cancer Center Committee Coordinator, 520-626-4346, and include protocol, IB (if applicable), IRB application, and list of study personnel
Documents Required for SRC Review
For full committee review:
- Investigator's Brochure (if applicable)
- Team Resource Review Worksheet (if applicable)
- Disease Team Flowsheet
For administrative review/Exempt:
- IRB application
- Protocol, if applicable
- List of research personnel
Contact us at UACC-SRC@uacc.arizona.edu
University of Arizona Cancer Center Committee Coordinator