Cancer Center's Training and Education Summer (CACTES) Program
UA Cancer Center's Training and Education Summer (CACTES) Program
Welcome to the UA Cancer Center's Training and Education Summer (CACTES) Program!
The CACTES program provides training and educational support to teachers interested in incorporating more cancer biology into their curriculum.
The training involved in the CACTES program will include the following:
- Using modeling kits to teach national NGSS and state-based biotechnology standards
- Using modeling kits to explore the process of mutation
- Using modeling kits to illustrate PCR, DNA (Sanger) sequencing, and gel electrophoresis
- Using microarray analysis to learn about gene expression and regulation
- A presentation on cancer in the region
- A presentation the fundamentals of cancer terminology and pathology
- A lunch with UA Cancer Center scientist
- A tour of the UA Health Sciences Arizona Simulation Technology and Education Center (ASTEC)
The next available CACTES program will begin Monday, July 17th, and end Thursday July, 20th, 2023.
To enroll in or get more information about the CACTES program click here.