The Cancer Imaging Shared Resource (CISR) provides access to turnkey optical image acquisition and analysis technologies.
CISR also offers a developmental component to evaluate and initiate new research projects, and provides access to a range of approaches for small animal experiments, including in vivo bioluminescence and fluorescence imaging, PET/SPECT imaging, and micro CT imaging.
CISR also offers image analysis, and acts as a central clearinghouse to consolidate and standardize state-of-the-art image processing and analysis routines. The core also provides experimental design and operator expertise for small animal cancer imaging and spectroscopy on a 7T Bruker magnet owned and maintained by The University of Arizona.
Please remember to acknowledge the Cancer Center Support Grant (P30 CA023074) when publishing manuscripts or abstracts that utilized the services of the University of Arizona Cancer Center’s Shared Resources and/or were derived from CCSG pilot funds. Suggested language: "Research reported in this [publication/press release] was supported by the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health under award number P30 CA023074.
- Bioluminescence and fluorescence: High-sensitivity low-noise quantitative analysis of objects ranging from well plates to small animals
- MicroCT: Bone density and soft tissue imaging with down to 20-micron resolution
- Ultrasound: High-resolution imaging with axial resolution down to 30-microns
- Digital Pathology: Automated, high-throughput histological analysis of stained and fluorescently labeled slides
- Image analysis: Custom small-animal and pre-clinical image analysis assistance
Translational Bioimaging Resource
- Spectral Instruments Imaging Lago-X bioluminescence and fluorescence imaging, contact: Brenda Baggett
- Siemens Inveon microCT scanner, contact: Brenda Baggett
- VisualSonics Vevo 2100 small-animal ultrasound, contact: Russ Witte
- Definiens Tissue Studio digital histology software, contact: Andy Rouse
- Image Analysis Facility, contact: JP Galons